Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Animal Angel Trees

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This year, my humane association opted to have their wine tasting in the spring. So, that left us scrambling to come up with a fall fundraiser. After mulling over several different ideas and running short on time, we finally decided on animal angel trees. Several businesses around town agreed to sponsor us. We have a tree at the city's festival of trees, a tree at Lowe's, one at the local vocational school, and one at Bi-Lo. Actually, I'm in charge of setting up and decorating the tree at Bi-Lo. We have made it easy for people to donate to us. They may donate any items they want, but we also have tags that say things like: $10 for flea treatment, $5.00 for treats, $20.00 for spay/neuter, and things of that nature. For my tree, I've made a lot of the ornaments. I really wanted it to have an animal/pet theme. I made ornaments out of colored dog biscuits, and I painted regular round ornaments with pawprints, cat faces, our humane association name, and meows and woofs! Another lady is bringing little balls of yarn to hang as well. I've also made a tree topper out of a big rawhide bone. I just hope it's as cute, as I've imagined. We are only putting up a little 5 ft. tree, because of the limited space we have. I'll be sure to get lots of pictures to post tomorrow. So, I'm off to be the decorating elf! Everyone wish me luck.....

No comments: