Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Lots Accomplished

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I feel really good about this past weekend. I felt much better than I did last weekend too. On Saturday after work and a great dinner, Casey and I went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I really did enjoy it. I could definitely tell that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were growing up as well as the plot line. It was darker and definitely more adult. I could almost feel Hermione's first bouts with PMS! Even though the movie left so much out, it was still an entertaining night out at the movies. Afterwards, we just came on home, and I did a little reading.

Sunday was the most productive day. Casey and I both got up really early for some reason. So, we spent the early morning watching DVDs. Casey whipped up some great teriyaki chicken for lunch. Afterwards, I began the Christmas wrath on the house. I like to decorate in small bouts. That way, I don't feel so overwhelmed. I always start just a few days before Thanksgiving. For the past several years, I've been off my schedule and very stressed. This year, I was determined to, "stay on target!". I'm happy to report that I'm not only on schedule, but ahead a little bit. I want the house to look especially beautiful this year, because Melissa is coming to spend a few days with us before Christmas. Casey and I have a secret plot to make her miss home so much, that she'll move back to Tennessee (yes, I know it sounds selfish, but it's only because we miss and love her so much!). Anyway, I got the outside decorations all finished. I just can't believe it. It was a nice day and not too cold. I usually wait until an artic front comes through, and the temp drops a good 40 degrees to do this. I also got the inside garlands rewrapped with new, colored lights and hung. The mantel is done as well. I changed it again this year. Last year, I had garland and the white poinsettias.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Last year.

This year, I've decided to enjoy my snowmen in December and January. I still have the green garland (now with colored lights) and the stockings. Across the top, I have part of my snowman collection. Some are antique, some aren't. Some light up, and some don't. Some are wood, and some are stuffed. I have white lights underneath the snow, and little evergreen trees scattered around them. I'll get a picture and post it soon. Anyway I don't lack much, except placing little knick knacks around the kitchen and putting the tree up. I'm thinking the tree will be in a different spot this year, because of the 2 new sofas. I want to keep the room as open as possible, so I may move the tree....we'll see. Hopefully, I'll get to enjoy Christmas this year, instead of just feeling the stress.

This week is a short week. When I drove onto campus this morning, I noticed that a lot of students have already left for the holiday. Their numbers will dwindle after today. So, it should be pretty smooth sailing. I hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture. I am back to blogging again. Hope you and Casey have a Happy Thanksgiving.