Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Weekend In Cincy

What an incredible weekend and extended break I've had. I just had too much fun for one individual! It was so good to see Melissa. We enjoy each other's company so much. It's a shame that we don't live closer to one another. After a rather late start on Friday, (I forgot the Moodies tickets and had to travel 30 miles back home to get them!! AAAAACK!!)we had a fairly uneventful drive up. We went out to a fabulous italian dinner at a restaurant named Bravo's (or I think that's the name of it). We were all so stuffed afterwards. Then we went to this little German pub. I'd tell you all the name of it, if I could spell or remember how to say it. Since Casey and I were tired from the drive, we headed back to Melissa's place.

On Saturday, we went to Findlay Market. Casey just loved it. We brought some scrumptious treats back with us. For lunch we had Cincinnati's famous Skyline Chilli. In the afternoon we headed over to Mt. Adams and went to the Krohn Conservatory. It was such a beautiful place with lovely flowers and gardens. Here's some pictures of Mt. Adams and Krohn's Conservatory we made.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Me and Melissa.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Me and Casey

KROHN CONSERVATORY

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After we finished at the Conservatory, we headed back toward town and stopped at Graeter's Ice Cream. Talk about some good stuff!! Sure wish I'd brought some of that back with me. Then, it was back to Melissa's to get ready for the Moody Blues concert.

The Moodies show was excellent, as usual. They sounded really good and also had added a really neat video show as a backdrop. The video show was of performance pictures and graphics through all the years. After the show, Melissa, Casey, and I met up with Andrea and her sister. We were lucky enough to meet the Moodie's drummer, Graeme Edge, and their backup singers and musicians at the hotel lounge afterwards. What a night!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Debby, Graeme Edge, Bernie Barlow, Andrea, Norda Mullen, and Me.

On Sunday, we sadly headed back home. It was a TERRIFIC weekend. Tomorrow, I'll tell you all what fun I've had, since I've gotten back home! Have a great evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys!!! If you come back I will feed you more Skyline.

Oh, Papa!
Old....you know the rest.

Anonymous said...

WAY COOL PIC! I slobbered all over Andrea's reply box:)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

If I come back will Melissa feed me Skyline?

I think Norda might be one of my long lost sisters!!! LOL!