Monday, November 28, 2005

Holiday Weekend Recap

I had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving, and I hope that everyone else did too! Casey and I had a bigger Thanksgiving than ever. Even though we ate at Pope's Cafe for lunch on Thanksgiving, nobody would let me out of my traditional Thanksgiving breakfast: Sausage, Egg, and Cheese casserole, and Cheese Grit Casserole. Since we were eating lunch rather early, we decided to wait and have the breakfast on Friday morning. The sausage casserole require refridgeration overnight so I was up early on Thursday whipping everything together, before we left for lunch. I knew that I would be a lump that afternoon, so it was best to get it over with. We met my mom and brother at Pope's. Lunch was fantastic! I had turkey and dressing, ham, fried corn, green beans, macoroni and cheese, cranberry sauce, and deviled eggs. And that was just the vegetables off of the menu I picked! They had several more that you could choose from. The best part was you could have all the veggies you wanted. Dinner was finished off by fresh peach cobbler and ice cream straight from the oven. We all had a great lunch and headed home none too comfortable. Afterwards, Casey and I headed straight for the couch!

We napped a little while, before going to Thanksgiving dinner with Casey's family. Casey's Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Billy were there, along with his cousin Allision (who was hosting), and 2 other cousins and their families were there. It had been too long, since we visited with them, and we had a great time. We ate dinner around 4:30 p.m., and Casey and I didn't get home until nearly 10:00 p.m. We've decided to get together with them more often, especially since all of us live less than a mile from one another. Oh, and did I mention MORE food!! By the end of the evening, all of us had decided that we'd never eat again.

The rest of the vacation went so well. Casey and I decided to do absolutely nothing!! And let me tell you, it felt really good. We just lounged and watched movies. I didn't leave the house again, until Saturday afternoon. I managed to drag myself up and out to get the Christmas tree. My brother and I went and got both of our trees. It's been a tradition of ours for years. Casey stayed home and made the traditional tree decorating dinner of spaghetti for us. By around 11:30 Saturday night, everything was finished. I'm fully prepared for the holidays now.

Yesterday was just more lounging. (I think the dogs were secretly drugging us, so we'd stay home and lounge with them.) We watched a couple more movies. Yesterday afternoon, I went over to help my brother decorate the outside of my mom's house. She now has icicle lights across the eaves, wreaths on each window, bannisters and shrubs with colored lights, and a big light up wreath in the middle. She and her neighbors (she lives in a duplex)went in together this year to decorate. I'll hopefully have all the decoration pictures made by this weekend. It's supposed to rain today, so it's a no go.

I've gotta get moving. I've got lots to catch up on. I hope everyone has a fantastic day! Also, let me know what you guys think about the new holiday blog look!

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Love your new holiday look! Glad you had a great holiday :)

Anonymous said...

I love your background. That is sooo cool. Sounds like you had a great holiday.