Saturday, November 05, 2005

Doris Day Lends A Hand

I've spent all day trying to get this blasted Blogger to work. Before I head out for my weekend, I just wanted to share this interesting story that I was e-mailed. I get e-mail from the Doris Day Animal League. This organization was founded by movie and song star, Doris Day. They specialize in spay/neuter education. It seems that Ms. Day was so moved by the plight of the animal victims of Katrina, that she stepped up to help. Her action has been dubbed Operation Just Paws. She and the agency footed the bill to have 130 dogs airlifted from Louisiana to California, when she heard they were in danger of being put to sleep. The dogs were in overcrowded shelters with no one to claim them. That's when she was moved to take action. This amounts to her agency donating approximately $20,000. What a wonderful thing to do! A big KUDOS to Doris. To read all about the transport and the Doris Day Animal League click the links.

Everyone have a great weekend!

No comments: