Friday, December 02, 2005

Kindness of Strangers

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After my last post on Wednesday, I took to fits of sneezing. CONTINUALLY...ALL..THE..REST...OF...THE..DAY!! So I was feeling pretty crappy, when I set off Wednesday night for the humane tree decoration. Bi-Lo gave us a great spot for the tree set up. Six of us were there for the decorating festivities. The tree ended up being really cute. We had the dog biscuit ornaments, the round ornaments with SBCHA,pawprints,cat faces, etc., pictures of all the humane animals, envelopes and instructions on the tree. It came together pretty quickly, and we were all proud of our work. I made several pictures, while we were decorating. My camera battery was running really low, so I only made a few. While we were finishing up, we were approached by a man. None of us knew or recognized him. He was very polite and asked us what our tree represented. We happily explained our cause and how our organization is run entirely by volunteers. He complimented our efforts and took a few more minutes to look at the tree. Suddenly to our surprise, he asked for one of our envelopes. We gave it to him, expecting a mail in donation. Instead, he pulled out his wallet and handed us a fresh, crisp $100 dollar bill!! We were completely taken aback. We asked for his name and contact information, so we could send him a thankyou, but he wished to remain anonymous. Talk about a complete suprise. It's the little acts of strangers sometimes, that can restore your faith in humanity. (Thank you so much, whoever you are!!) We all left with a very good feeling that night.

Unfortunately, my sneezing continued all the way through this event, and it made my ears feel like they were going to blow out. I've been battling with a slight earache for about 2 weeks now. I woke up yesterday feeling horrid. I finally went to see the doctor yesterday afternoon. Just a simple ear infection. Now I have meds and am feeling somewhat better today. Nothing big to accomplish today. Everyone's just getting ready for all of the holiday festivites. Hopefully, I'll have the humane tree pictures posted by tomorrow. Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a lovely gentleman. Maybe he's Santa...