Thursday, June 02, 2005

Rainy Day Today

I forgot to mention the June news yesterday. June is Adopt-A-Cat Month. Visit Petfinder.com, The American Humane Association, The Humane Society of the United States, or your local shelter's websites for more information. If your looking for a cat companion, please consider adopting a shelter cat! It'll leave you Feline Groovy!!

Here's one of my shelter's cute adoptables. Doesn't it look like he's up to something??

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's been so gloomy the past couple of days. I guess that I really shouldn't complain. We had the third driest May in history here. The grass and flowers look like they usually do around the middle of August. We just had showers yesterday and it's drizzled on and off for most of the day today. I did manage to get Bear's walk in yesterday. As we were on the very last leg of it, it started to pour. Of course, Bear decided that he just had to hike his leg on all of his usual spots along the way. That dog could walk in the middle of a hurricane, and it wouldn't bother him one bit! Casey also walked Fergie with us part of the way last night. It was her first walk with us. I was excited. She really did well and didn't seem spooked at all. She's just a happy little camper, as long as she's with Bear. Casey and I were talking last night about how well she's fit into our little group. We are thinking that she may become a permanent foster with us. We've still not totally committed, and we are still looking for a great home for her. (Melissa, are you reading this?) We are trying to keep our empty slot empty, just in case we have trouble finding Angel/Maggie May a home. I hope to get some great pictures of her to post in the next couple of days. I talked to Jennie yesterday afternoon, and she is really taking to her training well. She's going to make someone an EXCELLENT companion!

After the walk, Casey and I hit the drive through at KFC to get some fried chicken and mashed potatoes. We both wanted comfort food, but neither of us felt like cooking. We watched a movie that we had rented, and then I promptly fell asleep. About once a week, I have one of those nights that I just can't seem to stay awake. It's been one of those extremely slow work days today. I'm waiting for the other part of the department to produce, so I can start my part of the process. I've got this HUGE manual, about 2,000 pages, that I need to get hole punched and put into a binder. I'm avoiding that task like the plague. It's a manual just for my information, but I still dread punching all of those holes. Casey has to work tonight, so I'll probably go and switch out movies. Hopefully, I can find something interesting to watch. I'll probably whip myself up some tortellini for dinner. Who knows? I hope that everyone has a good afternoon!

No comments: