Thursday, June 23, 2005

Fergie Fits In

I felt better yesterday than I have in the past week. It took until at least lunch time, before I stopped sounding like Darth Vader! Anyway, I hope that today brings even more good health. Mom's trip back to the opthamologist yesterday was very successful. There was no sign of any retinal problems, and the cataract surgery was deemed a success. She's just very excited that she's able to see well from her right eye again. All this time she thought that her left eye was really good, until yesterday. Now she realizes how much it has been affected too. She has her follow up with the surgeon next week. That's when they'll discuss when they want to do the surgery on the other eye. She can't wait to get the other one fixed now. She's actually been reading a lot of stuff without her glasses at all. They even told her that there's the possibility that she won't even need glasses after both surgeries are finished. I'm so glad that everything went well, and she's feeling good.

Not much else going on in the daily life. Work is starting to get really busy, but it's just that time of year. When everyone else slows down in the summer, we speed up. It's our busiest time of year. I'm sure that my posts will probably be quite a bit shorter for the next couple of weeks.

Fergie is still fitting into the household quite well. In fact, she seems to have brightened all the dogs' personalities. Even little Slate is a lot more animated. Bear and I were doing our daily howling ritual yesterday, and Slate decided that he just had to join in on the fun. Quite unexpectedly, he threw his little apple-domed head back and joined in the fun with us. It was absolutely hysterical. I just wish that I hadn't been the only one home to see it. I hope that he'll do it again for Casey. Here's some pictures of Fergie blending in quite well with her new family.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Fergie resting with her new siblings.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Fergie and her infamous "Woobie", which she carries EVERYWHERE!

Fergie and another of her favorite toys.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Awwwwwwwwwww!!!

I'm posting new photos over on the photoblog today. They are of new kitten and other animals at the shelter. Everyone go and have a look. I hope everyone has a great day!!

No comments: