Friday, June 03, 2005

Wanna Go Walkies??!!!

It's still a bit cloudy today. All of this wet, gloomy weather has left me in a perpetual sleepy state. I feel like I'm going through a fog today. Luckily, I just noticed as I passed by the window, that the sun is finally starting to peek back out. All this rain is just supposed to "git on outta here" by this afternoon. It's supposed to get really hot and summer like over the weekend, which really means humid and miserable. Work was really, really draggy today. Nothing much of anything going on at all. Casey is off tonight, so we'll probably go snag us some fresh films to watch. I think that Casey might actually whip up something for dinner tonight. He works so much at night now, that it's a real treat to get one of his home cooked meals.

I'll probably try my best to get Bear out for his walk tonight. Last night, like the night before, we ended up out walking in the rain. It always seems to pour, when we are at the furtherst point from the house. This time, I didn't even attempt to hurry. The kid in me just had that "summery" feeling. The rain was warm, and I just wasn't in a hurry to get back in the house. It's been an awfully long time, since I had that feeling, even if it was just for the moment. It made me think of all of those long summer evenings, when it would be so hot that the brief summer flash floods would pool up in the low place in the back yard. As soon as the thunder would stop, all of us kids would race out barefoot to run into it. Many a water fight and chases were started that way. It is such a fond memory of mine, that it was nice to be reminded by the rain. Maybe that's why I just didn't want to go inside. It's amazing to me how many things cross my mind, while I'm out walking with Bear. I get to visit, have fond memories, and just generally relax. I used to dread the thought of going for a walk every day, but now I find that I dread the thought of NOT going. Everyone have a great evening. I'll be out on my walk.

No comments: