Saturday, June 04, 2005

Summer Time Drive In Movies!!

Whooohooo!!! It's finally Saturday (my Friday)!! I can't wait to get the weekend kicked off. Work was fairly normal today. Nothing big to be accomplished. We are in a very slow time right now. We lovingly refer to it as, "the calm before the storm..." In a couple of weeks, we'll be so busy that we'll forget to breathe. Tempers will be flaring, sanity will be lost, and I'll be making for the pool after work like a tadpole with its first bit o' tail!! So, I'm trying to make the most of the quiet time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've got a mission to accomplish today. I'm planning on going by PetSmart to get Fergie her very own toy, or what we refer to as "woobie". She just loves stuffed animals. I have a pair of Eeyore head slippers that I keep just beside the bed. Fergie sees the big Eeyore headsImage hosted by Photobucket.com

and thinks they are her very own personal "woobies". She's so very dainty with them. She doesn't try to destory them, but does carry them around all over the house. It wouldn't bother me except that poor Eeyore is getting a little bald and it makes for rather damp footwear at times. So today, I am in search of a suitable "woobie" replacement. What do you guys think? This one or this one? I'm not sure. Guess I'll make a decision in a bit.

Tonight, Casey and I are going back to The Montana Drive In. Tomorrow is my brother's birthday, so we are treating him to a double feature and dinner. It was full by the time we got there last week at 7:10 p.m., so we are going to try to get there earlier tonight. That way, things won't be so rushed. Looks like I will finally get to Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of Sith again. It's his birthday, so we thought we'd be polite and let him pick. So, as long as the weather holds out, we are on for the movies!! I'm really looking forward to it, because Casey and I had such a great time last week. No sign of rain, but it is hotter than hades here today. Well, I guess it's the humidity making it so misearble. It's rather excessive today.

I'm sure that I'll probably just be lounging around tomorrow recovering from the late night. I'm going to attempt to motivate myself to do the week's laundry and hopefully clean the house up some. I need to shampoo the carpets soon!! Monday is my day at the kennel. I can't wait to see everything that Maggie May (rescued dog Angel) has accomplished the past week. I'm lucky that I get to be a big part of her training. I'll have Tuesday off from work, so hopefully, I'll remember to try out the Audio Blogger feature. Mom's got a cataract on her eye that has really been bothering her, so we are going to the opthamologist to schedule her surgery on Tuesday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be the simple procedure that everyone says it is.

Well, I'd better run on and find that "woobie" now. Everyone have a great weekend!!

No comments: