Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Getting Back In Gear!!

Wow!! I didn't mean to wait this late to get a post done today. Once again, I didn't get around to the Audio Blogger posting. I did actually think about doing it, but I never could decide what I wanted to say. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Our weekend was very good. I did get Fergie her "woobie". That dog is totally "woobie" driven. I had no idea how much, until I got home on Saturday. I didn't even have it out of the bag, before she had it and immediately began playing. She carries it around in her mouth constantly. Casey and I have made several really cute pictures of her with it. I couldn't find the camera this morning, so I think Casey must have taken it with him to the shelter. I ended up getting a completely different "woobie" than I'd planned. I didn't want to spend a lot of money just to find it in shreds in mere moments. So, I bought a cheaper one to start. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough sense to buy two of them. Bear is also obsessed with the "woobie". Casey and I have been so into Star Wars: Espisode III lately, that the "woobie" has ended up with a Star Wars-esque name. We've lovingly named the "woobie" Chewed Bacca. If you've ever heard that funny rock song "Chewbacca...what a wookie", well that's how we came up with it. Hopefully, I can post some "woobie" pictures tomorrow.

Saturday night we went out to The Montana Drive In to celebrate my brother's birthday. He wanted to see the new Star Wars, so I was of course at liberty to oblige him. Casey and I enjoyed it more the second time. We noticed a lot of stuff that we'd missed the first time around. We had a wonderful dinner, from the concession stand of course. Also, it was prize night. Casey and I had a winning ticket and won ourselves a brand new life jacket!! Since we don't boat, I have no idea what we are going to do with it. We all had funnelcakes at the end of the night. I just can't believe what a good time we all had. Casey and I will probably be back again this coming Saturday night.

Sunday was just a lazy day for me. I did get some house cleaning done, as well as the laundry. Casey and I watched a couple of good movies on the pre-release view he has from work. We watched Be Cool and Beyond the Sea. Beyond the Sea was by far my favorite. It's the story about Bobby Darin. It was so good, and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Monday was my regular kennel day. It was the usual. I got a lot of work in with Maggie May (Angel). She's doing really well. Jennie's mother-in-law has decided to adopt her, when her training is finished. I've got my fingers crossed that they will make a good match. She's looking for a good dog to have our on her farm. That afternoon, Jennie and I went and had new shirts designed for our upcoming obedience classes. The design guy is working something up for us to have in the next couple of days. We are really excited about getting our new classes going again. We've decided to really advertise for the rest of June and begin the new classes in July.

Yesterday was Mom's appointment with the eye surgeon. They gave her a very thorough eye exam. The surgeon confirmed that it was definitely time to have the surgery. They've scheduled her for June 21st. We've got all of her paperwork and measurements already done. The procedure is really simple and doesn't take long at all. Mom has one complication. She was born with a weakened spot in her retina. Any kind of blow to the head or sudden trauma could cause her retina to detach. The risk of the surgery could bring it on as well. He did say that with an additional surgery, they could repair it. I know that he had to tell us the risks, but it just makes a little nagging worry at the back of my mind though. Hopefully, she'll come through just fine, and she'll be able to see a whole lot better. You all keep your fingers crossed for us.

Well, I have to run and catch up on some work. I hope everyone is having a great afternoon!!

No comments: