Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Hot, Hot, Heat HOT!!!!

I'm back after a rather hot, wilty weekend. Saturday and Sunday weren't so bad heat wise, but yesterday and today are killers!! Saturday night, since Casey and I weren't able to go to the drive-in, we decided to see Madagascar at our little local theatre. What a GREAT movie!!! I laughed the entire time! If you haven't seen it already, this movie is a MUST!! It seems that Casey and I can have such a good time, just seeing a movie! Sunday was pretty much a lazy day. Casey was off, so we slept in and had a big breakfast. Casey spent the day playing on his PS2, and I got some laudry caught up and watched a couple of movies. Yesterday was my day at Kindred Spirits. I just can't believe how hot and miserable it is here. The temp isn't the problem. It's just like the old saying, "...it's the humidity". We had temps in the low 90's with the heat index in the upper 90's. It's just hard to even get a good deep breath, when you are outside in this. Today the high is supposed to be around 93 or 94 with a heat index near 100!! I just came in from outside and my clothes are soaked. I was out there for about 10 minutes tops! Before 11 a.m, it's already 86 degrees with the heat index of 91!! So yesterday, I ended up doing quite a bit of outside work. I tried to make sure that I took plenty of water breaks and didn't stay outside too long at a time. Yesterday afternoon, Jennie and I really wanted to take a couple of dogs to the little local park and work them. We drove all the way out there, only to find that there wasn't that much shade. So, we ended up only working them for maybe 5-10 minutes. We just couldn't take the afternoon heat. It is just smothering out there! I did end up taking Bear for his walk last night. It was nearly 8:00 p.m. before we went out. Even with dusk falling, it was still stifling! When I finally got home last night, I felt like I had been baked from the inside out.

Today my only goal is to stay as cool as possible. I need to go across campus to update some paperwork, but I'm certainly not walking to do it. I think I just take my car across and plug the meter. Being cool is worth the quarter in my opinion. Plus, I don't want to spend the rest of the afternoon all hot and sweaty.

One of my mailing lists had a really cool website today. It's called PetsTV.com It promotes humane education and has LOADS of dog and cat related websites. My favorite so far is the Dog Chefs of America website. Go check them all out! They are way too cool (and isn't that what it's all about today??)!!!

No comments: