Friday, June 24, 2005

Furry Co-Workers

It may get interesting around some offices and workplaces today. Once again, it is time for Take Your Dog to Work Day. I really wish the library would allow us to participate, but a library is not really conducive to bringing dogs in the environment. I'll just sit back and wait to celebrate until Monday. I'll just take Bear to Kindred Spirits with me. He's ALWAYS welcome to go there with me. I do think it's an incredibly fun idea. For those of you that missed my post a while back about this topic, there's a really great company called Replacements, Ltd. that allows their employees to bring their pets everyday. They are a company that specializes in selling discontinued china and silver patterns. Click here to go and see a big picture of the employees with their pets and their pet philosophy. I would love to work for a company like that. It would be too cool! If any of your offices are participating in Take Your Dog to Work Day today. Leave a comment to let me know how it went!!

Not much other than the usual going on today. Our busy time at work officially kicks off today. Casey and I are filling in for the afternoon shelter duty tonight. I'm looking forward to getting to see all of the shelter animals again. I really like to check in on them frequently. Since I update our shelter's Petfinder page, it helps me to really learn their personalities. I like to be as truthful as I can, when someone is inquiring about a possible pet. It helps to make much better matches.

The little town, Shelbyville, Tennessee, where I was born and raised, and where I still live, may become quite famous over the summer this year. Last year, a movie was shot on location based on a novel by a local author Cameron Watson. It's called Our Very Own There's a website about the plot along with the movie trailer here. The movie is set in our little town of Shelbyville as well. I watched the trailer yesterday, and coming from a small, quiet town it was weird to see places that familiar!! So, if you'd like to see some places that I see everyday, go and have a look see. On the website, there is this picture of "Charlie the Wonder Dog" on top of a car. It's such a fond memory for people my age from Shelbyville. You see, Charlie was something of a celebrity in our little town. He rode in every parade I ever went to growing up. It is such a kick to know that Charlie, the little celebrity dog from my childhood has achieved immortality!! Here's a blurb from our local paper, The Shelbyville-Times Gazette about Charlie...

The Dog of Top of the Car -- based on "Charlie the Wonder Dog," which rode around Shelbyville atop his owner's car in the 1970's -- is played by Rufus.

Click here for more background on the movie. Everyone have a great day!!

No comments: