Thursday, October 21, 2004

What Was I Thinking?

Imagine my suprise yesterday, when I thought I had gotten away with that whirlwind weekend unscathed by fatigue. I just couldn't believe it, when I bopped around work all day yesterday with energy. I had just figured that I would drag through the day, go home, and take a quick nap. So, I was pleasantly suprised when I felt otherwise. Everything went well until around 5:30 p.m. last night. Yep, that's right. That's when my energy level finally bottomed out. I had just finished eating an early dinner, when I had that all-to-familiar feeling of complete exhaustion wave over me. You guys know the one. The one where you feel as if you don't get to a bed fast, the fast approaching wave of narcoleptic sleep will overtake you right there in public. Luckily, the trip back to the house was quick. I managed to change into what I lovingly refer to as my "happy pants" and a t-shirt and then stumble to the sofa. I was "out like a light" by 6:00 p.m. Does that tag me as officially old? Anyway, I dozed only to wake at the nuzzling of the assundry dog and cat. I managed to become cognizant enough to see Casey off to work at 9:00 p.m., and then returned to blissful slumber. I then awoke to find that the Red Sox had won the American League playoffs! A great big KUDOS to them! I slept straight through until 5:10 this morning. I feel refreshed, but also a bit foggy. I think I must have a sleep hangover or something. Hopefully, I'll recover throughout the day.

No comments: