Thursday, October 14, 2004

Sweet Thursday

My meeting with Barbara went fabulously. We went to a local place to eat here called Demos' Steakhouse. They have the best food in town, and I'm never disappointed. Aside from the great food, Barbara was wonderful company. We did a lot of catching up that covered about 10-12 years. It was so good to see her again. I'm glad that we are making an effort to stay in touch now. After about 3 hours, many giggles, and many hugs, we made our separate ways. I certainly wish her the best of luck with her new endeavor, and I hope to see her again around Christmas time.

There's not a whole lot going on here at work. I'm just trying to get some new things entered into the collection. Presently, I'm sitting here munching on my egg McMuffin. I know, not very healthy, but I was hungry. I ate dinner very early last night. I have about 4 more carts of textbooks backed up to enter into our online catalog today. At least I'll be busy, and hopefully the day will pass quickly.

I took Bear for a test run in his new riding harness last night. It was absolutely hysterical. The device worked very well. It is well padded in front with lambskin, to prevent injury in case of a crash. When I put it on Bear, it reminded me of what babies do when you put them in snow suits. You know, when they just hold their arms straight out and refuse to move. He just stood there with his front legs all stiff. When he did walk around the kitchen, he walked all stiff legged! It was so funny! I ran into the quick mart to get some junk food, and he was very well behaved. Last night was very wet and cool, so there was no danger in leaving him there for about 5 minutes. All in all, his test run was a success. He was very happy to have a big treat as soon as we got home. I gotta get to work and started on these carts. Back to the salt mines......

Bear modeling his new riding harness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEHEHE, TOO cute Bear:) I have always had one for Frodo so he doesn't mind at all. I forget to hook him up and he just gives me one of those "HEY MOM YA FORGOT SOMETHIN'" looks:)

Anonymous said...

OOPS forgot to sign...
Ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl