Saturday, October 09, 2004

Back to Normal, Maybe?

On Thursday, I went from feeling bad to worse as the day wore on. By the time I left for home, I was pretty much done for the day. I did manage, however in my weakened state, to run one last errand for the husband and stop by the grocery. After trying to indulge in his fabulously cooked dinner, I began to realize that this was no passing health fad. I decided to turn in early. I just kept waking up all night thinking, "GEEZ, I feel horrible! Will this be gone by morning?!" Unfortunately, the answer from my body was a resounding, loudly screamed, "NO!". After attempting to prepare myself for work yesterday, I finally just gave up, called in, and went straight back to bed. There I lay, like a cold stone, until a little after 1 p.m. I finally heaved my dead weight up, and out from in between at least 3 cat bodies, and 2 dog bodies to head to the kitchen for a light lunch. I managed to throw together a half a peanut butter sandwich. I finally started to feel somewhat more human by about 6 p.m., and I did manage to finally get a whole meal down.

So, here I am at work today. Seems someone finally decided to replace the blown lights above my desk, and after having become accustomed to working in cavelike conditions, I'm blinded. It appears it's all or nothing in this place. So now, I'll have to rumage through my purse to get my sunglasses. Yes, folks, I'm a bit cranky and cynical today. I suppose I still don't feel quite right, even though I'm definitely better. I have a ton of work to get done before Monday, and if I don't get it finished today, I'll be back here tomorrow to make the deadline. I can't tell you how much that prospect thrills me. Anyhow, I don't really have plans for the weekend. It's supposed to be rainy, and all I can envision is lying in bed all weekend. I do have an appointment for my cocker-spaniel, Lola to be groomed on Monday. My clippers finally gave up the ghost, so until I get new ones, she gets the professional job. Afterwards, I get to make another check up visit to the optometrist to see how this bacterial infection is being erradicated in my eyes. So far, the progress has been good, but I've been warned that it's going to take a while. Well, I'd better run to try and meet that deadline. I'll try to get the photoblog updated sometime today. Sorry to have ranted, I promise that it won't happen often. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kitty Litter said...

I hope you feel better soon! I've always believed that cats and dogs know when we're sick, and respond the way they best know how: by giving us what they consider to be very important--body heat. Ever notice how animals can be the most sympathetic "people"? When my mom was sick a few weeks ago, she jokingly told me that every morning she "drowned" in a sea of fur as her dog and six of her nine cats all took strategic positions--neck, hands, feet, tummy--to warm her up. :) Animals are blessings!