Saturday, October 23, 2004

Did Anyone Get the Plate Number of That Truck That Hit Me?

That's exactly what I feel like this morning folks. The wild, crazy cleaning spree that occurred last night has left me feeling a bit hung over. I managed to get everything done last night/this morning. The dusting, de-cluttering, vacumming, carpet shampooing, etc. has all been completed. Heck, I even scrubbed all of the base boards, which by the way, has left me with a sore ankle from squatting for such a long time. So today everytime I started to get up and walk around, I end up hobbling along. I was like a maniac. I just couldn't seem to stop myself, once I got started. I ended up literally (yes Casey, I used THAT word!)falling into bed sometime after 1 a.m. I got up around 5:30 a.m. this morning to start getting ready for work today. I definitely have Mac Truck syndrome, and I'm sure that my appearance is not much better either. The best part of it all is that I get to be a lady of leisure this weekend. I can just sit around and do what I want. All the cleaning is done. In case you all are wondering, I AM ingnoring the fact that I need to start excavating the back room!! I seem to be a bit plan free for the weekend. Ooooo, flying by the seat of my pants, how rare! The only thing schedule is Casey and I are to have dinner with our friend Kenny tonight. I think I'll have to get a nap in there somewhere for me to be able to keep the date. By tonight, I hope the lure of food and a good friend will keep me going!

I heard something really cool in the news that I meant to mention yesterday. I heard the report on the Bob and Tom Show. I've looked for the story, but I've been unable to find it so far. It has been reported that after 20 minutes of petting a dog, that a person's seratonin level is higher than after nearly any other activity. That includes chocolate, exercise, and sex! Now, who says that owning a dog isn't good for you. I'm sure that for cat lovers, myself included, that the same effect can be brought about by petting cats too. I just thought that was a really neat trivia tidbit. Wanna know a good reason to always take your dog with you, when you go for a walk? Click here and read on. Everyone have a GREAT weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I have a question... How can you go out for a walk and NOT take your dog? THey are just so much fun to be drug around by:) He isn't that bad anymore, but it is still fun!
ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl