Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Interesting Day

Today is going to shape up to be a fairly interesting one for me. I am supposed to meet one of my oldest and dearest friends, Barbara, after work today. She is the friend that I got to visit with, when Casey and I were down in Orlando last summer. Anyway, she has parted ways with Disney and is planning on moving to Louisville in the next couple of weeks. She is passing through and is visiting her parents this week. We had lost touch for a few years, after we both got married, and she suprised me last fall by dropping by to visit me at work. Since then, we have kept pretty close touch. We have an interesting connection in our friendship. We met and became best friends in 6th grade, only to discover that we had a much deeper connection. Our birthdays are only a day apart, and we found out that our mothers had shared the same hospital room, when we were born. Pretty coincidental huh? Anyway, I'm looking forward to visiting with her today and catching up, before she begins her new venture.

Work is going to be pretty much the same today. I have quite a few things to get ticked off on my "to do" list. Hopefully, it will be enough to keep me busy for most of the day. I also have several things to do and accomplish before Casey and I leave for our "meet Alton Brown Day" in Atlanta. Casey has reached the almost ecstatic point already. Combined with meeting his favorite cook, I'm sure that he's looking forward to a few days off. He's only had 1 in the last 10 days. Bear is going to stay at Kindred Spirits with Jennie again. I'm sure he'll have himself a right "good ole'" time! He really enjoys getting to run around in the fenced areas. I've bought him a car riding harness. It will make it a little harder for him to roam around the car and on top of me, while I'm driving. That's about it on the homefront today. Gotta go get some work done. By the way, I'm updating the photoblog today with those pictures from the dog show I attended a few weeks back. Check them out!

Barbara and I in Orlando last summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was best friends with a girl born the same day, same hospital, but different rooms. INTERESTING:) ALTON BROWN ROCKS! I have a car harness for my dog. Couldn't drive without it:)