Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I Just Knew It!

I had meant to post this morning about a news story that I had heard over the weekend. My local news station ran a news story over the weekend report. They played back a 911 call that the Barefoot Bay, Florida dispatching center received during a recent hurricane. The caller was asking for help that her house was blowing in on them, while they were sheltering in a closet. She told the dispatcher that they didn't evacuate, because they had a blind dog they would not leave behind and no shelter would take them. I just knew there were people facing these types of scenarios. It was just heartbreaking to listen to the call. When all was said and done, the family and dog were o.k. I just wish there was something I could do to help more animal lovers in these types of situations. Hopefully, there will be more pet friendly shelters in the future.

Also, I've spent a little while this afternoon getting another power point presentation ready to be shown on our local cable channel. This one is for a annual night at the movies benefit. Unfortunately, it's occurring in less than a week. I hope that we can reach enough people for it to be a success. I've posted my slide below. Everyone have a great evening!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: