Thursday, October 28, 2004

Friday Eve!

This week is really flying by fast. I'm finally starting to feel a bit more like myself. Now, if I could just get rid of this tired feeling. Work has been pretty good this week. My job position got upgraded, so a little more money in the bank at the end of the month! That's always a good thing. I've been getting things accomplished on my to do list at work as well as at home. After last week, I really decided that I liked doing the house cleaning on Friday night. That way, my whole weekend (well, my 2 days off) are left free for doing other things. I'm going to go with that schedule this week. Not much to do. Just regular maintenance like vaccuuming, dusting, and mopping.

I've had a lot of pet related activity this week. I had that wonderful card offer day before yesterday, and I'm proud to report that I've gotten several offers. Thanks to all that have participated!! I've also entered Bear in a photo contest. If one of his photos is picked, it will appear in the book Dogs 24/7. They are still accepting entries. You can submit up to 5 photos. Just go to this site. So, if you are handy with a camera, and I know many of you are, I've read your blogs;go out there and point and shoot. There's also a book being published on cats. It's called Cats 24/7. They are having the same photo contest as well. Just click here. Good luck to everyone. Let me know if any of your photos are chosen.

I've also had an idea of another Christmas time fundraising opportunity. Now, if I can just get some of our other volunteers to participate with me. I think I may call it:

Meowy, Meowy Christmas Carols OR Carol of the Tails

This is where someone/anyone can, for a donation, (haven't decided the amount yet), can schedule a Christmas carol or carols to be delivered to another person's door. The bigger the donation, the more carols are sung. I'll have to structure some kind of donation list. What do you all think? I used to love to go caroling, when I was younger. I have a fairly decent voice. I used to sing with the Nashville Symphony Chorus in Nashville. So, I don't think I'll scar anyone for life. Now if I can just persaude other volunteers to come and sing with me. Heck, I'll go by myself if no one will come with me, but I think I'll just end up having fun. I'd love to have comments as to what you all think of the project. Feel free. Well, gotta go get some work done. I'll try to get the photoblog updated today. TAH!

2 comments:

theogeo said...

Is that your puppy in your yard?? Aww, so cute! And that yard is gorgeous! :) Good luck in the contest! I wish there was a Ferrets 24/7 magazine. I've got so many ferret pics it's ridiculous.

disinterpreter said...

I think your Caroling Idea is great and I hope you get a good bunch of people with you!
Perhaps you can make a programme and let people chose exactly which songs they want to send their friends. Also you could deliver a card with you, explaining the idea & giving Holiday Wishes.