Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Wine Tasting Wrap Up

The wine tasting went swimmingly well. Casey and I were out and about until after 9 p.m. on Friday night getting all of the supplies. On Saturday, we made 6 lbs. of meatballs for everyone's dining pleasure. We arrived about 5:30 p.m. to help with the last details and make sure everything was set up and ready. Our good friends from Pope's Cafe were there with LOTS of fantastic food. They had Jambalaya, roasted pork loin, fried green tomatoes, chocolate pecan cheescake, dips and crackers and honey and garlic cheese rolls. Let's just say their table was very popular. There were several other restaurants and caterers there as well, but I'm just so pleased that Pope's was THE talk of the wine tasting. Russell and Debra, who own Pope's, have been so supportive of our humane organization. It's nice to see their hard work pay off. The town really turned out for our event. By 7:15 p.m. the place was packed. By 7:45 p.m. the food vendors were nearly out of food. Everyone had a great time visiting and bidding on silent auction items. I got to see a lot of really good friends and make some really good contacts for our upcoming Pet Day. I actually had another high point of the night. I won one of the silent auctions. I won this wonderful framed picture of some "Oh so cute" sea otters. I'll have to get a picture of it and post it here for you all to see. I believe this was one of our biggest wine tastings yet. I didn't take my camera with me but hopefully, I'll have some shots from a friend to post here soon. A big THANK YOU to everyone who came out to support.

No comments: