Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I'm Melting!!!!!

Today, I resemble what was left of the Wicked Witch of the West. I'm just a greasy kinda soup on the floor. Man is it HOT here! After an unusally cool May, the tables have turned. In just a week, we've hit summer full tilt. Right now, it's 93 degrees with a heat index of 97! This is only the beginning too! If the first of June is this hot, then what will mid August be like? Hmmmm...I don't remember moving to the tropics. Was I out of the room, when that decision was made? Casey and I were out at lunch. We never could get the car cooled down, even after driving to the far side of town. Yeah, it's that kind of hot. I wish I could walk down a freezer isle right now. It doesn't seem like I can get cooled off anywhere.

I talked with my friend, Melissa, this morning. She lives in Ohio. She was updating me on a few things, since we are visiting her this weekend. She happily informed me that she's having her airconditioners re-installed this week. She said it had been really hot, so it was time. As a life long southerner, I can't quite grasp this concept. What do they do that one week in December, when it's 85 degrees outside, and you have to crank up the AC?? My poor hot, southern brain can't wrap itself around it. Is it really that much cooler just that little bit further north? If so, should I consider summering up there? I guess I'll experience it first hand this weekend. Just my luck, though, the heat will follow me there. Somebody pass me the deodorant!

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Been the same here! Can you ask Melissa when the fountain is going to be back at Fountain Square?

Anonymous said...

Yep, we've had the same type of weather up here in northern Jersey. Yucky hot...

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Toronto and air-conditioning was the exception, not the norm, in all the places we lived. I can vividly remember sitting in my room in the summertime with a fan blowing, with perspiration running down my face :) Now that I'm a southwestern US, air-conditioned baby, I don't think I could ever stand to live like that again. Even my very frugal parents have air conditioning in their new house in Canada and they use it, so either it's getting warmer or we're all getting spoiled.