Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Recovery

Slate seems to be feeling much better. Yesterday, while I was at work, my mother went over and took care of him. I wanted to make sure that he got his pain medication on schedule. I felt so bad. I know the little thing probably really hurt all last week, and I want to make sure he has a speedy recovery. When I got home, he was very frisky. He was more than ready to go out with the other dogs. Dr. Kinard padded the end of his cast, so he's able to walk on that leg. As soon as he got in the back yard, he was flying around. He wanted to play and investigate everything as usual. It really made me feel a lot better to see him acting normal. I'm so glad that his injuries weren't any more serious than they were. We've been lucky. So far, the swelling is minimal and there's no sign of infection. He still has a lot more antibiotics to take and at least 1 more x-ray. He goes back to the vet on the 22nd for his next check. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is a good visit.

I want to thank everyone who sent e-mails and comments for their good wishes and prayers. It's funny. You never realize how much impact a small, personal blog can have, until something like this comes up. Then, the flood of support overwhelms you. So, from the bottom of my and Casey's hearts and from Slate: We love you all and thanks so much for your support.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, I just stopped in and found this! Poor little lovey. I'm so glad you were able to figure out what happened and I hope you can find out who did it. Just awful.

I am sending my best healing thoughts, Yvonne

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Poor sweetie. I hope he has a speedy recovery and I hope whoever did it gets a BB in their backside!