Friday, May 19, 2006

Congrats!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Russell Smith and Debra Weaver, owners Pope's Cafe at the Humane Association Chili Supper February 2006.

I just wanted to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to my and Casey's friends Debra Weaver and Russell Smith, owners of Pope's Cafe in Shelbyville, that has been operating since 1945. As you all know, Debra and Russell have been a huge support for our humane association. Back in February, they held a benefit chili supper for us, and they also catered at our Spring Wine Tasting a couple of weeks ago. Those of us at the humane association value their support and their friendship. They have acquired the various equipment and other items from Nashville's famous eatery Vandyland, which opened in the 1920's as Candyland. I know that they have some big plans, but I'm not at liberty to divulge them here. So, come on down and enjoy a Nashville tradition in Shelbyville. To see the Shelbyville-Times Gazette story, click HERE. I guarantee you the food is fantastic. In fact, Casey and I never miss a week eating there.

Oh and by the way Debra and Russell, Casey and I will there for dinner tonight!! CONGRATS!!

No comments: