Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Weekend Ramblings

The weekend went by way too fast! I chose to take the extra day off this coming Friday, instead of today. So, here I am. Anyway, we didn't do anything earth shattering this weekend. We just rented a couple of movies and took it easy on Saturday night. On Sunday, Casey and I had shelter duty early. Afterwards, Casey cooked a really nice breakfast, while I got cleaned up. Afterwards, we were off to Frankling to meet Pattie Burkitt to pick up my pet portrait. Let me tell you folks, it is SOOOOO good. The computer scan did not do the piece justice. It is so detailed. Pattie did such a good job really capturing the dogs. I am so impressed. She went ahead and sprayed it with the final fixative, so it's ready to frame. She even threw in a set of custom made notecards for me. She's so sweet!! Anyway, with Pattie's permission, here's the final product. Keep in mind, the portrait in person is so much better!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm just so excited about it. I've wanted to have one done for so long now. Now, I get to decide how I want it framed.

Yesterday, Casey and I did quite a bit of housecleaning. We were also running back and forth to the grocery store to get supplies for our cookout. It was just family and neighbors. We all had a really good time, along with some great food. Casey was in charge of the actual grilling, so we had fantastic hamburgers, hotdogs, and brats, of course! Since it was so hot out my brother decided instead of a heavy dessert, to make fruit salad and have watermelon for everyone. It was just right for the searing afternoon.

Nothing big is on my plate for today. I'm trying to take it easy this week. On Friday, Casey and I are heading up to COSI in Columbis, Ohio. We are attending the midnight premiere of the new Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Exhibit. I just can't wait to get in that full scale replica of the Millenium Falcon's cockpit!! We'll be there on Friday and Saturday. On the way back Sunday, we are stopping over in Cincinnati to visit with one of my best friends ever, Melissa. We are spending the night there, before heading for home on Monday. I haven't seen Mel since October, so I'm really looking forward to visiting with her. So, I'm sure this three day week will be a blur for me. I've got laundry to do, packing, and lots of other stuff. Looks like I'd better get the caffeine ready!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm jealous! I want to go back to Cincy! This weekend I'm going to Hersheypark to see Gary Puckett, so it will be a fun filled weekend.