Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Summer Schedule

Casey and I had a really nice weekend. On Saturday, we just hung around the house until early afternoon. The weather turned out so nice that we decided to take a drive into a few neighboring towns to see what was up. It was really nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine that's become a rarity here lately. We didn't get home too late, so Bear got out to enjoy a really nice walk. On Sunday morning, we met Casey's aunt at Crackerbarrel for Mother's Day breakfast. We had a really nice, long visit. It was good to see her, since it had been 2 years since our last visit. Afterwards, we did a little shopping, and then headed home. We both needed naps, since we did shelter duty VERY early that morning. That afternoon, Casey grilled some of the best T-Bone steaks ever! He fixed a wonderful Mother's Day dinner for Mom. We had a really nice time eating and visiting together. After Mom left, I just fell into bed. For some reason, I was really tired over the weekend. Yesterday, I did the dreaded house cleaning. I really had the drags yesterday, so it took me a little longer than usual. When I finally got finished, I was really glad that I'd done it.

When I checked my e-mail this morning, I had a really nice suprise waiting for me. I had the preliminary sketch and color work for the painting of the dogs that I had commissioned from my friend, Pattie, back in February. Oh, it is so wonderfully done. It looks finished to me, but she still says she has quite a bit to do on it. It's head shots of all 4 of them. They are really detailed too. She captured them perfectly. I can't wait to get it home and framed. I think I'm going to hang it above the mantel. I love it, when I have really cool stuff like that in my inbox.

Little Slate is doing wonderfully. He finished up all of his meds on Sunday. He's just flying around the house and backyard in that little cast. He goes back to the vet on next Monday for a follow up.

Things are typical at work. Classes have started for the summer. I'll be away for a workshop tomorrow, but I'll be back on Thursday. Everyone have a great afternoon!

No comments: