Thursday, May 11, 2006

Getting Better

Slate is getting better everyday. On Tuesday, we stopped giving him the pain medicine, and he's doing just great. He's going outside and running and playing. He's got a fantastic appetite. That cast that Dr. Kinard fixed him is the thing. He's able to run around and jump up on the couch himself. I'm hoping that when we go back in 2 weeks, that we'll be finished. If not, he'll get another cast for 2 more weeks. He just seems like he's doing so well. Slate is usually a very happy dog and undemanding.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is Slate's little trick to beg for treats. He just sticks that cast out and waves it around a little bit. I'm going to try to get some little videos of it tonight, so I can post them here. He's so funny. He's really learned how to make the most out of his situation. Don't you just love that little sly look on his face? I'm just so proud that he's making a quick recovery. Dr. Kinard says there won't be any lasting effects either. I am going to talk to a few more neighbors this weekend to see if I can find anything else out. I want to say thank you again to everyone for such great support. I have the best friends EVER!!

3 comments:

Kat Coble said...

My eskie hurt his paw once, (not because some bastard shot him, though) and for months afterward would dangle the healed paw in front of me in a pathetic way. It always got him treats because I'm so well-trained.

Anonymous said...

Slate is sly and handsome! I'm so happy he is healing well.

I just brought my little Minnie to the vet's office - she is not feeling well and I am afraid it's Lyme. Hopefully it is nothing worse. It's a year ago this week I lost my Jax to Ehrlichiosis. I'm scared and a bit teary to say the least.

teresa said...

Poor little thing. I'm so glad he's not going to suffer permanent damage---now as for the perpetrator---grrrrrrrr