Tuesday, May 23, 2006

2 Week Slate Update

Casey and I had a rather quiet weekend. Late Saturday afternoon, we went up to Clarksville for a get together at a friend's house. After a late night, we decided to just chill on Sunday.

Casey took the day off yesterday to help me get Slate back to the vet's office. We were up early and at the vet's office by a little after 10:00 a.m. Slate was a little nervous on the car ride, but that's not suprising. He seemed to settle down, once we got into the waiting area. They took his little cast off of his leg and had a look. They checked the incision they made to remove the BB, and then took an x-ray to see how the bones were healing. He had made good progress, but not good enough to go without a cast. Since the BB shattered the bones apart, instead of breaking them clean, it is taking just a tad longer. I also went ahead and had his vaccinations updated, while we were there. They had given him a mild sedative, while they were recasting his leg, so he didn't mind them so much. His physical was good. Dr. Kinard feels that he's making good progress, but wants to make sure everything is VERY healed, before he let's him go without a cast. So, now he has a bright green cast with little paw prints. He goes back in 3 weeks for another x-ray. I still wish that I could catch who did this, so they could be punished and made to pay my vet bills. I'll keep trying.... Hopefully I'll have pictures of his new cast, before the end of the week.

No comments: