Friday, May 05, 2006

Hop, Hop, Hop

My apologies for not showing up yesterday. My mom had a dental thing come up, so I had to wisk her away to everyone's favorite thing...the dentist and a drill. It's been the typical week so far. It's really quiet at work, since the spring sememester is over. That means that I have Saturday off this week. It will be nice to have a Saturday. But I always feel wronged on Monday, when I acutally have to drag myself into work. Oh well....

Part of my Saturday is already scheduled. I have to take Slate, the long haired Chihuahua, into the vet tomorrow morning. I let him out on Tuesday morning to do his daily business, and he returned with a mysterious foot injury. It's his right front paw. I first noticed him limping and hopping and on closer inspection realized that he had a little nick in his joint area. I got him cleaned up and the little bit of bleeding stopped, before I left for work. That evening, I tried to get a better look at his foot, since he was still limping. Being his usual crotchety self, he wouldn't let me look at it for very long. That night, and in the short inspections that have followed throughout the week, I've found nothing. As of today, he is still limping and has a small amount of swelling on top of his joint and in his paw pads. So, it's off to Dr. Kinard we go tomorrow morning. That itself will make for an interesting trip. Slate is deathly afraid of the car, so we have to give him something before we ever start to the vet's. He's really grouchy anyway because of his paw, so that will help calm him when the vet examines him as well. I really don't want him to bite Dr. Kinard. It's funny when he was younger, he liked everyone and would let anyone do anything to him. No he's a little crumudgeon. Just like a little old man; hateful at times. I know that he's not the only dog that the vet sees like this, but I still hate for it to happen. I love my dogs, and I want everyone else to love them too. I don't think it's anything serious, but I just want to make absolutely certain. Everyone keep their fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hope li'l Slate is just fine. Poor fella!!
You and Casey will LOVE Savannah!! It is now officially one of my favorite places in the whole world. It's really easy to get around and so much to see and do!! You MUST eat at the Lady & Sons!!
How have you been??!