Friday, October 14, 2005

Moody Blues Holiday

Most of you that read here regularly know that I'm a Moody Blues fanatic! Well, today is some what of a holiday for us Moodies fans. Today is lead singer, Justin Hayward's birthday. It's a day where fans near and far pause for just a moment to make birthday wishes! Justin Hayward joined the Moody Blues in 1966 and has been the lead singer ever since. He has been my hero, since I was 6 years old! After many years of attending concerts, buying albums, CDs, and DVDs, I finally got to meet my hero. He was one of the nicest people that I have ever met, and was truly warm and genuine. It is a day that I'll never forget.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Meeting Justin Hayward at Borders in Atlanta, February 1997.
On October 23, 2005, I'll get to spend a little more time sharing space with the band and my personal hero. They are performing a show right in Nashville called Moody Bluegrass . It was kind of an odd idea when all of us Moodies fans first heard about it. Moody Bluegrass is a Nashville tribute to the music of the Moody Blues. No one could figure out how the prog rock of the Moody Blues would translate into bluegrass music. Well they did a wonderful job, and the result is an award nominated album. Several bluegrass muscians and the Moody Blues will take the stage at the historic Ryman Auditorium for a salute to this project, and I've got my tickets to be there. I can hardly wait. If you'd like to hear a little for yourself, you can go to the Moody Bluegrass site and read all about the project and have a listen.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN HAYWARD!!

Thanks so much for the music!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Justin Hayward then.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Justin Hayward now.

2 comments:

poochpup said...

love the moodies, Justin is great and yes, he is a nice guy. I also do rescue work in the UK 24/7. Too much of it for my liking.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Justin is still so beautiful, as always. Love the Moody Blues, their music is timeless!! Thanks for the pix!!
Linda