Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Blessing of the Animals

Bear and I had a terrific time at the Blessing of the Animals. Despite really hot weather (it was close to 90 degrees on October 1st!), the animals all behaved nicely. They had a lovely little service for us out in the church parking lot. There was a pretty little decorated arch with flowers and a nice statue of St. Francis. Most of the pets that were there were dogs, but there were a few cats, a turtle and a rabbit that all came for the blessing. Afterwards, they put big bowls of dog treats out in the middle of the parking lot, so the dogs could help themselves. It truly was a little piece of heaven for them. All of the church members that were present were exceptionally nice and welcoming. I really like the priest there too. This was my first year to attend, but I'll definitely mark my calendar for next year. I'm posting a few pictures here. These were taken by my friend Josh, who was there with his dog too. To see more pictures of the day in my flikr album click HERE. I'll be adding some more later this week and posting them on my photoblog as well. Everyone have a great day!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Bear in attendance at Blessing of the Animals.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Opening of the service.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

During the service.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Blessing of the animals.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

More animal blessings.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lots of treats!

No comments: