Friday, October 21, 2005

Meeting the Chihs and Other Fun Frolicking

Bye the time I got home yesterday, I'd talked myself out of going to see the 3 little chihuahuas immediately. I felt if I waited a couple of days, it would give time for interest to grow and lead to them getting really good homes. I set out as soon as I got home walking Bear. It was still a little warm, but I figured it just might get rid of some of that excess energy he's had lately. We had finished our walk, and I had just sat down to nurse a glass of cold ice water. Then "knock, knock, knock"! It was my neighbor, Tammy, from across the street. She had heard about the little chihuahuas and was interested in meeting them. Tammy and her husband had a chihuahua named Cricket until last spring. He passed away at the ripe old age of 18! So my plan was trashed right then and there. I threw on my kennel clothes, grabbed Mom, and we were off. They were just the cutest little things. There was the one white one with the eye problem, one chocolate colored one, and one black and tan. They were a little shy and nervous, because they had not been at the shelter long. Anyway, I'm so in love with them. I'm trying to have LOTS of willpower though. It would really be nice if they could find loving homes with families to dote on them. I think Tammy is really interested in adopting one. That will be nice, since I will be able to visit it everyday. I have no idea how they came to be at our shelter. I'm still trying to get the full story on what happened. I just hope that everything works out for the best for the little guys.

On the way home yesterday, Casey and I stopped and picked up some of our Star Wars stuff that we had on lay-a-way. You all know that we are just big nerds. In our batch of stuff was the electronic lightsaber that I'd picked out. I've had this thing for lightsabers, since I was just a kid. I've had several versions over the course of my lifetime, but none as cool as this one. My choice is the Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader Electronic Lightsaber. It lights up, makes all the sound effects, and changes from blue to red. Really cool! Anyway after I got back from the shelter, I got to play with it! It was just so cool. I kept turning it on and off just to hear the ignition sound. Casey and I had the lights off in the living room, so we could see the total effect. As a kid, I would have given both of my arms to have had a lightsaber as cool as this. I would still like the Force FX version by Master Replicas though. They just look so real, but are a lot more pricey. Who knows? Maybe Santa will be good to me this year. I just had to go next door and show my Mom. She is well aware of my love for lightsabers. On the way over, I had quite a bit of fun trying it out in the side yard. The kids across the street absolutely loved it though. I guess that I am just a big kid at heart. Grown up toys are just so boring!! I think it's sad that we somehow lose our ability to play as we age. It has been really nice to be reminded lately. My poor living room looks like a kid's Christmas morning just exploded all over it. We have action figures, ships, and of course my prize lightsaber. Now I'm just wondering who I can persuade to be my dueling partner. Everyone have a great afternoon!

No comments: