Saturday, July 16, 2005

Well Read!!

My very own copy of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on my desk!

It's finally arrived! The release day of the 6th Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Being the "Oldie McOldington" that I am, I didn't think I could last all the way through the midnight release party last night: especially since I had to work today. So my coworker, Kim, who was going agreed to buy it for me and bring it to me today. Well about noon, my copy arrived. Because I work in a library, I'm always amazed, and I can't help but admit fascniated, by the "Harry mania" that always occurs on release days. Kim said that the party was absolutely insane last night. She said the line was soooooooo long. I have to give my all out gratitude to Kim that I'm able to have the book on the first day! Not long after Kim brought my book, I decided to take a lunch break and dive right in. I'm several chapters along now, and I have to say a good read so far. Don't worry. I'm not giving any plot away here. I'm sure that I'll be spending a good amount of time tomorrow reading!

Not tonight though! Tonight is Saturday, and you guys know what that means. It's drive-in night! Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. I'm about tired of the remnants of Hurricane Dennis!! Honestly, I'm drenched. Now go away!! I'm really looking forward to seeing both Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Bewitched. Especially since it's only $5 to get in for both! I'm not sure if Casey and I are having dinner before we get there, or if we are eating from the concession stand. Secretly, I hope it's the concession stand. They have the best food.

Jennie and I didn't make it to the obedience trials today. She and her husband are in the middle of building there house and have to get some work done today. So, we may try to go tomorrow. I really wanted to go, but I'll get to see it later in the summer.

Monday is kennel day, so I'll be back to my regular schedule. I have a lot to catch up on there, since I've not been in 2 weeks. I can't wait to see who we've got boarding this week!!

I'm going to run for now. I'm going to try and do another AudioBlogger post over the weekend. Thanks for all of the comments. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed it. Maybe I'll do a post from the movies tonight. Everyone have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter went to one of those midnight parties for her/our book too. She had a blast and got home at 1:30am. AND she is only 14. My mom NEVER would have let me stay out that late HEHE. 1 has finished reading it and the remaining 2 are fighting for it:) ENJOY!