Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Another Week

Here I am. Back at the normal schedule. Sometimes, I really do think I need a vacation. I've decided to wait to take a real vacation this year until Christmas time. Now, I'm feeling that I may have to take several long weekends to be able to survive. It's not that I don't feel well. I'm just tired. I've decided that I need a day off for myself. A day off where I'm not running errands, doing housework, taking someone to the doctor, or other things like that. Enough of that.

The weekend was really good. Casey was off at his part time job and was very thankful for the entire weekend to rest. Since he's been at an office job for the past seven years, his new job requires adjustment. He's on his feet walking outside for five to six hours every day. What's really wearing him out is this unrelenting heat and humidity. Our humidity has been awful these past two weeks. Right now, at a little past 10:00 in the morning, our temperature is 87, which isn't too bad. Our heat index makes it feel like 97!! I really feel bad for him. We've been trying to come up with little things to help him stay cool. I think I may get him some of those cooling things that hang around your neck to wear, while he's out there. If anyone has any tips, please leave a comment and let us know.

On Saturday night, Casey and I did manage to get to the drive-in. The movie was a little late starting, because the line was so long to get in. Casey and I got there early and managed to have our dinner. About time the movie started at 8:45, the bottom fell out and it started to pour. We were there seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Bewitched. It stormed for a good while. We took it all in stride. We rolled the windows up, turned the engine on, and ran the windsheild wipers. The movies were so good, we really didn't even notice. We had a good time anyway. By the second movie, Bewitched, the storm had passed and the skies had cleared. The stars had all come out, and there was this big, beautiful moon to look at right to the left and above the screen. I wish that my photography skills were better, and I could have gotten a good shot of that. Because of the late start time, Casey and I didn't get home until really late, like nearly 2 a.m.!! Needless to say, we spent Sunday just being lazy and watching more movies. We watched Coach Carter. I highly recommend it. It was outstanding.

Yesterday was my regular kennel day. So on my way to work, I dropped Bear off at the new vet's office. Our old vet finally retired, so it has been a daunting task to find another that we are really comfortable with. Fergie's vaccinations were done last week, so now, we have half the crew through with their yearly updates. We try to stagger them out. With such a big group, so we don't have to sell our souls to pay the vet bills. When I picked Bear up, the vet tech at the front desk told me how much Bear had charmed everyone in the office. Seems he made the rounds and loved on everyone. They just were crazy about him. Bear just has that kind of personality. He's the little superstar everywhere he goes. He got a clean bill of health, which I was very glad to hear. No ill effects from the shots, except that he's a little tired. He did seem to be his old self, when I left for work this morning.

Nothing big on the agenda for today. Just the ususal. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Casey doesn't have a heat stroke or something. Again, suggestions are welcome battling the heat. Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunshine had his yearly vaccations Saturday and you are right, it takes a few days for them to get back to normal after the shots. Now he's back to his regular self so I can quit worrying.

Have a good day and tell Casey to really take it easy outside. It's really going to be bad all this week.