Thursday, July 28, 2005

Still So Sleepy

It seems this week that no matter how much sleep I get, I still need more. These past two weeks have been such a whirlwind. Casey and I have been so busy that the time has just flown by. There are so many phone calls that I need to return and so much stuff that needs to get done. All of that has taken a back seat to the ever powerful nap. It's irritating really. There are times that I just want to sit down and read. I get started and read a few pages, but soon my head is nodding and my eyes are drooping. I just find myself sitting there staring at the page. Hopefully this weekend will bring some much needed rest.

I got busy with projects yesterday and didn't get around to making a real post. I had meant to post that yesterday was my Mom's birthday. We didn't do much celebrating on a week night. We all had a nice dinner at home. This weekend, we plan to take her out for a really nice meal and a shopping trip. She's been a little bit under the weather, so waiting until the weekend to celebrate is just fine with her. I just have to say, that I think I have the very best Mom in the whole world. We've always gotten along so well. Right now, she's trying to decide if she wants to shop on Sunday or if she wants to wait until Monday. On Monday, we do her regular three month checkup with her primary doctor. Since we have to go into Nashville, it's a great opportunity to shop. By the way, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Today holds the promise of another busy day. I have several work projects that I need to get done. At least the heat wave has come to a temporary end. We are expected to have a high in the low 80's today, instead of the triple digits. It is a more than welcome relief. Casey's only too thankful for the break too!

I stumbled onto a great little slideshow at MSNBC this morning. It's called Animal Tracks . It's a funny little slideshow of animal pictures. You can even subscribe to the little newsletter, so you can get periodic updates. Some of the pictures are absolutely hysterical. Go to the MSNBC homepage. Scroll down until you see the image that I've posted here. Click the image and away you go!! Enjoy! Everyone have a great day!

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I haven't felt up to par since I went to Atlantic City. I'm constantly tired and just in a huge funk.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I just wanted to let you know, this is a better link for the Animal Tracks slide show: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6356101/