Friday, July 15, 2005

Wake Up!

Boy, am I ever sleepy today. I slept so good last night, that I'm having trouble getting awake today. I guess that means I'll have to double up on coffee today. There's not much on the agenda for today, which is good. I'm awfully glad that it's Friday.

Casey and I are going to fill in at the shelter Saturday and Monday through Friday of next week. One of the regular workers is going to be gone on vacation. All we have to do is the afternoon duty, which is no problem at all. I'm really looking foward to seeing all of the shelter dogs and cats. I'm betting that I'll get to do a little more training too!

Casey's new job is going really well. We appreciate all of the good wishes coming our way. I think that he really likes it. After working for a police department for so many years, he's really enjoying his scheduled time off. It's so different for him to have a block of time off from work that in no way can be interrupted. He's also very much looking forward to campus shutdown during the Christmas holidays. He's also very lucky that he has such good people in his department. In fact, one of his coworkers worked with him at the police department. They always have birthday celebrations for everyone, and they've also got a white water rafting trip planned too! So, in a word, his department has camraderie. He's loved his first week.

We are planning to have a good weekend too. We are going to try to get back to the drive-in. The movies have cycled out. They are having a great double feature on one of their screens this weekend. It is Bewitched and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I've got to make sure that I rest up tomorrow, so I can last through the last movie.

Jennie and I are planning on going to a local obedience club's obedience trials tomorrow. They are holding them on the other side of campus, so I'll probably head over there and meet her around lunch time. Those are always so interesting to attend. You can pick up some really good tips. It's always fun to get to meet and talk with other people that are into dog training. It helps to get a lot of other perspectives and share secrets. That's about it for me this morning. I hope that everyone has a great day!

No comments: