Saturday, July 02, 2005

Fun Holiday Weekend!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's finally the long holiday weekend. Once I'm off from work today, I'll have the next couple of days free, sort of. Casey and I have quite a lot on our plates for the next three days. We've decided to hold a cook out for some neighbors and friends of ours. In total, there'll be about 10 people, which is a lot for us. After the cookout, we are all planning to go out to the city park and watch the fireworks show. It's small, but not too bad for our little town. They always have food and a midway there too. In the meantime, Casey and I are going to deep clean the house the next couple of days. The carpets are going to get their July shampoo, and we are going to really try to whip the place into shape.

We are planning to try to squeeze a lot of fun in too. After work today, Casey and I are going to the big reptile show in Smyrna. We usually book our Florida vacation, so we can go to a big one in Orlando every July, and we are just tickled that one is actually coming to us this year. It's the first big one to be held in our area. I've looked at the schedule, and they have some really nice vendors coming. We really aren't planning to buy anything this year, but we may see something that we just can't live without. It promises to be a lot of fun. We always enjoy the shows. Tomorrow, I think we are going to work on the house some and then go swimming. I can't believe that it's July, and I haven't been in the pool once this year. I've gotta get myself in gear. Gimme that kickboard!!

I've almost gotten Casey talked into taking me to see Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith one last time, before it leaves the theatres. They are running a special ticket promotion this weekend. You can send your ticket stub in and enter a contest to win a special pinball machine. They are also doing a "buy 2 tickets, get the 3rd one free" promotion as well. Hard to pass up! Here's the cool 4th of July promotion pic.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I don't work at the kennel on Monday. Jennie and I decided to be closed, so we can enjoy our holiday too! She and her husband Jason are planning on coming to our cookout. I'll miss getting to see all of the dogs on Monday. I'm planning on working one afternoon next week though.

Mom's scheduled to have surgery on her other eye on Tuesday. She's just done fabulously with the other one. She's so excited about how much improved her vision has been. She can't wait to get the other eye done. I hope that this surgery goes as smoothly as the next one. Because of the surgery, I'll be away until Wednesday. Maybe I can remember to do an Audio Blogger post at the fireworks display or something. I need to try it at least once. I'm also posting new photos on the photoblog today. They are of the drive-in movie events last weekend. Hop on over and have a look. Everyone have a fabulous weekend and a safe 4th of July!

No comments: