Saturday, July 09, 2005

Weekend!

It's finally the weekend. Maybe I'll get a little rest in this time. Not a lot going on today, and for that I'm thankful. It's been such a crazy, busy week that it feels good just to be still. No big plans for this weekend. I'd like to take it easy. Casey and I only have one thing planned to do tonight. We are going shopping for Casey. He desperately needs to get some new clothes. He's lost quite a bit of weight the past few months, and he needs new clothes that fit. I'm hoping to sneak a couple of things for me in the purchase too!! WINK, WINK!! Mom and I are hoping to get out a little this weekend together. Casey has to work tomorrow, so we figured that'd be as good a time as any. I'm not sure what we'll get up to yet. Monday, I'll be working at the kennel. It was nice to have the holiday off last week, but I feel like I've really missed out on what is going on with the dogs. It will be good to get back into the routine.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of the people that are on the U.S. Gulf Coast this weekend. It seems that Hurricane Dennis is unmercifully bearing down on them. Last year hurrican season was devastating for them, and it seems that this season may be even worse. To all of you in the path, stay safe! I worry so much about the animals in the paths of these storms. Many of them are left behind. Chrissy has a great post on Warm Puppies about taking pets with you during evacuation. Click here to read it. Also for further disaster resources, check out The American Humane Society and The Humane Society of the United States

Christine has tagged me with a meme, so check back a little later. Hopefully, I can get creative and come up with some really good answers! Everyone have a great weekend!

No comments: