Thursday, July 07, 2005

Catching My Breath!

Wheeeewww! I can't believe how non-stop yesterday was. From beginning to end, it was a rat race. To expound a little on my weekend....like I said, the reptile show was a complete bust. Casey and I got to Smyrna, hoping, that this would be a good show. We got to the entrance and paid our $14 admission, only to find that more than half the vendors hadn't even shown up!! The few vendors that were still there were all angry about badly this show had gone. So basically, Casey and I paid all of that money to look at a room full of mostly nothing. We complained, muttered, and groaned the whole way home. We did leave with a couple thousand crickets to feed our scaley crew, so I guess not all was lost. We stopped on the way back through by PetSmart to stock up on dog food, cat food, and brand new "woobies". Fergie's original "woobie" finally saw its untimely death, so it was time for a new one. We got the same kind. We got two this time, so we could have a spare. Bear and Fergie were both so excited, when we got home with them.

Sunday was a strange day for us. Casey and I went out to the shelter to help install the new air conditioner. There were several out there helping, so I just managed to stay out of the way and work with the dogs. I worked on training two, in particular, to sit, and lay down. I figure anything I can teach them will help make them more adoptable. It took about two and a half hours for the air to be finished, but we finally made it back home. After we cleaned up, Casey and I headed out to Murfreesboro for an afternoon movie. Yes, you already know what it was....Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I just wanted to see it one more time, before it left the big screen. The sound quality and the picture quality were so much better in this theatre. It was a digital theatre with THX, so I noticed a lot that I hadn't before. Even Casey commented on the things that he had missed before.

On Monday, July 4th, Casey had to work most of the day. I took the opportunity to whirlwind the house. I managed to get a lot of the deep cleaning done, like cleaning the ceiling fans and washing down the baseboards. I was also busy getting things ready for our big cookout that night. We had a group of about seven come over and celebrate the 4th with us. After dinner we were all planning on heading out the city park for the fireworks celebration, but we were all so worn out that we decided to just stay home. We all watched the broadcast of the Nashville fireworks show. It's supposed to be the 3rd best display in the country. It wasn't too shabby at all, and it was nice to sit in a nice, cool, comfortable place to watch as well.

I took Mom for her final cataract surgery on Monday. Everything went well. Her recheck went well yesterday too. She is still seeing some shadows in this eye, but the doctor said that should clear up in a week or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've got to run. The day is about to get crazy again. I'm determined to post those photos up on the photoblog today. Sorry that I got busy and they didn't get up last Saturday. I'm also posting some of the pictures of the drive-in the night my friend, Melissa went with us. Everyone have a great day!

No comments: