Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wonderful Evening

I hope that everyone had as wonderful Valentine's Day as I did. Yesterday seemed to really fly by, and it was soon time to head off for a fantastic evening. Casey and I realized a long time ago, that we "march to the beat of a different drum", so to speak. So when I asked him for something other than flowers, he wasn't suprised. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE beautiful roses, but you can't keep them. It's an awful lot of money just to throw in the trash can later. Instead, he gifted me with quite a few of my long sought after Star Wars collectibles. I won't bore you all with the exact details, but I will tell you that I've been hunting these for a long time.

Afterwards, it was off to Marina's. Since it's always a mad house there on Valentine's Day, Casey had made our reservations weeks ago. What a stroke of luck that was. It seems that it's gotten so crazy in the past couple of years, that dinner at Marina's last night was by reservation only. I'll have to admit that it made the atmosphere so much more relaxing. I'm sure that the cooks and wait staff appreciated the more relaxed atmosphere as well. Marina's is located in an old building on the square in Murfreesboro. I believe it was built about 1869, so it's naturally charming inside. They always have the place decorated, beautifully, for any holiday, and last night was no exception. They had heart lights all over the place (very tastefully) and candles lit in the windows and on every table. It was a very romantic setting and at the same time relaxing. And the food...the food was fantastic. We had the spinach and artichoke dip for an appetizer and tomato florentine soup. We both had a glass of wine. Casey had the Pinot Noir and I had the German one beginning with the g (no I can't spell it or say it). Then Casey had the Baked Salmon and I had the Chicken Parmesan. Casey was impressed with his meal. And my chicken was so good, that it just melted in your mouth. We were ready to be rolled to the car, by the time it was over. We were happy and full, when all was said and done.

Then, it was off for home. We had to tend to the furries and get them let out and fed. Casey and I got settled on the couch to watch the finale of the Westminster Dog Show. (They had a wonderful tribute to the dogs of Katrina and the many volunteers that rescued them on Monday night. It was beautiful, and I wish that they would post it on their website, but you can read about their contribution HERE.) Before we both knew it, we were sound asleep. Man, it's rough getting older. So much for the days of staying up until dawn. I just remember the dogs entering for the Best in Show class. I had to hear who took the top honor on the news this morning. At least, I got plenty of sleep and feel fine today. Still, it was a great evening out.

I have nothing big planned for today. I'm just going through the usual routine. I hope everyone has a great day.

****AND...don't forget, if you live in Tennessee, please write to your representatives and urge his/her support on SB 2626 Spay/Neuter. This bill could really make a difference for the homeless animals in Tennessee****

No comments: