Thursday, February 09, 2006

Secret Agent Cat

I started my day slipping and sliding on icy roads. The further north I traveled the better they got, but I saw some really horrendous wrecks along the way. Now, I hear the weather report for tomorrow predicting up to 4 inches of snow on Friday night. Where's that lovely spring weather, when you need it? I'm a classic example of never being satisfied with what you have. Last year I wanted snow and got none. This year I want spring weather and get snow. Oh well.

Casey and I are planning to help troop our very first 501st event tonight. It's going to be a really cool, rocking Star Wars theme birthday party for an 8 year old. It's going to be such fun. I'm sure that I'll have a slew of pictures to share with you all tomorrow.

Here's today's pet nugget. Fred, a former shelter cat from New York, helped to break an undercover case. Fred helped a police detective uncover a fake vet. The suspect in question, had apparently been an assistant at a veterinary clinic before and was practicing veterinary medicine without a license. Fred played a major part in an undercover sting. Fred posed as the detective's cat and as a prospective patient that needed neutering. As the suspect exited the apartment with Fred in tow, he was arrested by authorities. Right now, they have no idea how many pet owners this guy has scammed. Fred, the once homeless cat, is now quite a celebrity and has appeared at a press conference. To read the whole story and to see some cutie pie pictures of Fred, click HERE.

Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Keep the "white death" to yourself. I don't want any of that!

Have a great weekend too :)