Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Getting Chili This Weekend

This week just seems like it is flying by. Maybe it's because it's the week of my humane's next fundraising event. It seems like I'm always busy during those weeks. Casey and I are busy getting the last minute details taken care of for the Have a Heart for Animals Chili Supper. Debra, one of the owners of Pope's Cafe, wants to feature pictures of our adoptable animals. So, I'm trying to get that accomplished today and tomorrow. She's going to have an adoptable pet framed on every table and on the counter. I really think it's going to be cute. Also, as of last week, we have a lady coming to run karaoke. I think it's going to be a really good event. I just hope that the weather cooperates this weekend. NO SNOW AND NO ICE PLEASEEEEEE!!!!

Pope's Cafe is a historic icon in Shelbyville. It's been operating since 1945. They are known for the country ham biscuits and their wonderful pies. The new owners, Debra Weaver and Russell Smith are working really hard to serve authentic Pope's food. Believe me I eat there once a week, and it's GOOOOOOD!!

I would love for anyone that's close enough in the area to come on out and share a great meal with us. Casey is going to help serve, and since I'm not the most graceful person in the world, I'll be filling drinks. Even if you only have a few minutes, come on out. We have takeout orders available. I promise you that it's going to a really worthy cause. If anyone is interested, just shout out in the comments, or shoot me an e-mail. I'll be glad to send you directions. Here's more information:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Oh and just a secret hint....those oh so fabulous desserts will be on the premises for your eating pleasure too!! Hope to see you all there!

No comments: