Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Little Nervous

Image hosting by Photobucket

My stomach is starting to wind into knots this morning. Why? Because it's fundraiser day. I always find myself like the little girl who invites everyone to the birthday party and thinks no one will show up. I'm always like this, when I've organized the whole thing. The others that I just work on, but not plan, not so much. I just have a fear of getting to Pope's Cafe tonight and it being dead empty. Last summer, I experienced my worst case of nerves with our Celebration Pet Day fundraiser. It had never been done before, in our area, and I HAD to volunteer to do it. I had such nightmares the night before. When the day finally came, all of my fears just melted away. Lots of people came, and everything turned out fine. I just hope tonight's outcome goes as well.

Casey and I dropped by Pope's last night for a quick dinner, and the place looks really good. We have lots of flyers up there, and several people that were eating last night said they'd be back tonight for the fundraiser. I've been on the phone this morning, getting last minute details worked out. I had to call Kitty, my humane association adoption coordinator (yes folks, her REAL name is Kitty) to make sure that she remembers the pictures of our adoptable pets for the tables. Debra, one of Pope's owners is going to add even more stuff tonight. There is a live Karaoke band that is going to be out on the sidewalk in front to help draw folks inside. I've got to run out and grab a big bag of dog biscuits for a number guess. Whoever guesses the closest number of biscuits in the treat jar, wins a homemade coconut cake! The day is closing in on me already!! Every time I start freaking out, I try to remember the reason I do this. It's all for These Guys!! I just hope that I don't let them down. I'll have lots of pictures to share with you all next week. Everyone have a good weekend.

2 comments:

theogeo said...

I'm sure it will turn out great. Good luck!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I hope everything turned out well.

Many hugs for you. Hope you had a great weekend.