Friday, February 17, 2006

Freezing Friday

Image hosting by Photobucket
Could our weather BE any crazier? I really don't think so. Yesterday, it was 70 degrees; wonderful spring weather. Today, we will stuggle to reach 40. The weather forcast is gloomy. We are supposed to get more snow all weekend long. The really icky part? In southern middle Tennessee, where I live, it's supposed to be a lot of sleet and freezing rain. Now, I don't mind the snow, but freezing rain concerns me. You see, I like things like...oh, I don't know... ELECTRICITY and CABLE and HEAT and being able to get the places I want to go. So, it looks like I'll be stuck at home all weekend again.

The real travesty of the weekend? Casey and I came home last night to find that our antique (and I mean really big, huge, and bulky) digital cable box had given up the ghost. We'd been having problems all week. We'd be sitting there watching something, and the picture would gradually just fade away, go to white, and then the cable would go completely off. Sometimes this would just last for a minute or two, and sometimes it would be several hours. It would eventually come back. We knew something was screwy, because our bedroom t.v., which isn't on the digital service had cable coming through perfectly. We did what most everyone does: BLAME THE POOR QUALITY OF THE CABLE COMPANY!! So, last night after checking connections, rebooting the box, holding our mouths right, and a few other words I won't mention here, I gave up and gave the tech line a call. They went through the same motions again, and finally decided that the cable box had gone to the great cable box rewiring center in the sky. They made a note on our account and said they could schedule a visit from a tech. That's when I politely told them I couldn't take a day off work to watch a cable technician pronounce my digital box dead. So, they made another note that I'd be going to the local office today to get a new box. After work I'll be racing home to grab the box and make it to the office, before they close up for the weekend. Wheeeeeeeeee!! Hopefully, we'll have a nice new signal coming in strong by tonight. This must work people! I just have to see The Dog Whisperer on National Geographic tonight!! Cesar is one of my heroes!

As I said, the weekend is a bust. We have nothing planned, because of the weather. I do think we are going to try and rent a bunch of DVDs to keep us busy. I hope you all have a nice, warm weekend wherever you are!

Image hosting by Photobucket

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope your cable situation gets itself worked out!!! Oy! It's no good to have no cable and have a great show that must be watched!!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Same here, chica. Brrrr I want spring!