Saturday, February 11, 2006

Snowy Day

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

The snow never materialized quite the way the weather forcasters predicted. Seems we had some warm air, unexpectedly, push up from the south. Our snow that was supposed to equal 4"-6", ended up only a dusting. It did snow throughout the night but every once in a while, it would just start raining. A lot of the snow that we did get melted. It would have been a lot more significant, if it could have just piled up. When I left this morning, it had started snowing again, and it was starting to stick to the trees and grassy areas. It was the best kind of snow, because it did not affect the roadways. I saw some beautiful scenery coming in today. The whole drive I kept wishing that I could snap pictures, but I didn't really have the time to pull over. I finally got the idea that I would turn the little movie option on my camera on and get pictures that way. The following videos were made about 7:30 a.m. this morning on Hwy. 231 N. from Shelbyville, TN to Murfreesboro, TN. They turned out pretty good. Unfortunately they don't really do justice to the beautiful scenes I witnessed, but they'll have to do. Enjoy! Everyone have a great weekend!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

We got an inch. I feel cheated :(