Thursday, March 10, 2005

YIKES!!

Blogger is being a real hoo ha today on my server. I’ve been busy finishing up some work projects and tweaking my information packets for Celebration Pet Day to take with me to the dog show this weekend. I’m realizing as I type this, that I just may have to go through a blogger back door to get this post done. I’m probably going to skip out of work early today, since I basically feel like a piece of doggie poo today. I woke up this morning with a very swollen and sore throat. I really feel like it’s my allergies wreaking havoc on me, but the fact is the throat ain’t one bit pretty looking today. I’ve made myself a doctor’s appointment for tomorrow morning. Campus is closed tomorrow for spring break purposes. So, at least I get a nice, long weekend to try to recover from whatever is ailing me. I think I need some rest more than anything. NEED to be better for this weekend. I have TOO MUCH TO DO to get ready for the humane fundraiser, and I really need the vendor contacts at the upcoming dog show. I think I'll go home, drink some hot tea, and have a nap. Maybe I'll feel better in the morning.

Bear did the funniest thing last night. See, he makes these little, what I call, "talking noises". Since we got him, Casey and I have been making the little noises back to him. Every once in a while, he'll get all excited and wound up and make the noises back to us, as if he's trying to talk. Anyway, last night Casey was speaking "Schipperke" to Bear. He got so excited, while trying to talk back, that he just started howling. Then Casey started howling back at him. Well, that excited him even more, and the howls got louder, longer, and more intense. It was absolutely hysterical!! I was falling off of the sofa laughing at the mere sight of it. Bear went to the extreme and threw his head all the way back and howled just like a wolf or coyote. He's never done anything like that before. That dog just never ceases to amaze me. We discover something new and funny about him everyday. I just wonder what we'll get him to do next.

I'm going to head off for home and some lunch. Gotta nurse myself back to health. Everyone have a good weekend. I promise to have a really good post and maybe lots of pictures from the dog show on Tuesday!! TAH!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling much better.