Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I Need Organization NOW!!

I'm starting to put out the initial feelers for our Celebration Pet Day. I've sent several e-mails, hoping to get some vendors to sign up. I've also contacted the Nashville Greys organization to bring their greyhounds out to do a meet and greet that day. It seems that so many love the greyhounds, I thought that it would add to our event. I'm hoping to get a couple of the vendors that have been so good to help us in the past, such as Pawsitive Notes and Pet People Gifts to come and set up booths. I've already contacted one artist that does pet portraits, and I am planning on contacting a second one that I know pretty well to come out and set up. I'm attempting to get some dog food company reps to come out and set up booths as well. I've searched in vain to locate any petsitters that service our area to come out and advertise, and would you believe there is not ONE SINGLE petsitting business in Shelbyville? That could be a pretty lucrative undertaking. It might be something that Casey and I could get going. Who knows? See this is the kind of thing that happens, when I start working on my humane association fundraising stuff. I get all kinds of these crazy ideas put in my head. Pretty soon, I get so much going in my head that I get kinda goofy.

I've also been thinking about several contests and events that we can hold during the event. This is what I've come up with so far: Poster Contest for School Children (they enter previous to the event and receive the awards during), Best Bark (Singer), Best Costume, Best Trick, Best Kisser, Best Tail Wagger, and Owner/Dog Look-A-Like contest. For activities I have: Pet Art, Agility Demonstration, Obedience Demonstration, Ask a Vet, Police K-9, Face Painting, Nashville Greys Greyhounds (I hope) and Pet Photography. So, what do you all think? Any of you have any more creative ideas to offer? I'll be happy to take your suggestions, just leave me a comment.

Other than the fundraising craziness, today has been pretty typical. I've been thinking about all I have to get done, before I leave for The Atlanta Pet Fair. I've got a ton of laundry to do. I also need to get the oil changed and my hair cut. We are dropping Bear off at Kindred Spirits tomorrow night. Casey and I are planning to leave out for Atlanta by 6 a.m. on Friday morning. That way, I'll be able to attend the early afternoon seminars on Friday. I also found out that the weekend after we get back from Atlanta there is going to be a HUGE dog show in Franklin, TN. I attended this particular show last year and absolutely had a blast. It starts on Friday, March 10 and goes through that following Sunday. The best part is campus is on spring break next week, so we'll be closed down Friday and all weekend! I'll have plenty of opportunities to get by there. I'm planning on making a flyer to hand out to all of the vendors (and there's LOTS there) to get some of them to sign up for our event. Can't waste an opportunity like that can I? Hopefully, I can catch one of the Schipperke classes. Like I said, there is ENTIRELY too much going on in my head today. I feel excited and like I need to go and run a couple laps around the outside of our building!! Hey, maybe that'll give me plenty of strength for my nightly Curves visit. Everyone have a great evening!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have such great fund raising ideas! Have a wonderful time this weekend.