Friday, March 25, 2005

Sunny Day!

I just came back in after popping out for lunch. All I can say is it is absolutely gorgeous out there!! It is sunny and about 75 degrees. Too bad that it's supposed to start raining tomorrow. Here's to another soggy Easter. Not much going on here today. This is the first year the university has decided to hold classes on Good Friday. Seems that a lot of professors just went ahead and canceled classes anyway. It as quiet as a tomb here today. Melissa is vacationing down in the Florida Keys this week, so I went at lunch to check on her cats. I fed them, gave them some love, and made sure they had enough dry food and water to make it until Sunday, when Mel gets back. Kitty loving makes for a VERY relaxing lunch. Not a whole lot planned for the weekend. We are open tomorrow, so I'll have to work. I'm probably going to try to get to church on Sunday. Casey is going to have to work during the day on Sunday, so I'll get to lounge around. Other than that, "no big whoop", as Linda Richmond would say on Coffee Talk.

Last night, Casey and I were just lounging around watching different news reports. That's when we heard the really gross Wendy's and the finger chilli story. If you haven't heard and want to find out, click here. Just like some sick individuals, Casey and I just continued to talk about it. We just couldn't stop ourselves. We just kept making those horrible, one-liner jokes like, "NOW, that's what I call giving someone the finger." OR "I MEANT finger sandwiches" OR "She wanted an order of ladyfingers". See how truly sick we really are!! Then this morning, we started up all over again before we went to work. Casey came up with what the real plan really was. In his very slanted sense of humor he said, "I think that they really just froze Dave Thomas. Now they are serving him bit by bit to honor his wishes that he serve his customers one last time!!" I mean really, how sick is that??? I've never laughed so much in my life over a news story!! I think that Wendy's may have to award us punative damages. I think we've been traumatized. It WAS Casey that made that Dave Thomas story up...now don't go pointing FINGERS at me!!! BWAH HAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Everyone have a great afternoon!!

No comments: