Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Finally Getting It Together!!

It's been quite a while, since I've logged a post. I so wanted to enjoy my long, spring break weekend, but it wasn't to be. I ended up making it to the doctor's office last Friday morning. After prescribing some meds, he sent me on my way to the pharmacy and back home. He promised that I'd feel better in a few days. I had agreed to take care of the kennel for Jennie to go to a seminar on Saturday and Sunday. I stopped by and worked for a couple hours on Friday afternoon, to get familiar with which dogs were there and their temperaments. It just gave me a leg up on the comfort level. I like for the dogs to be somewhat familiar with me, before I have total control of their care. Anyway, I REALLY felt lousy afterwards, so I managed to crawl my way home and head straight for bed. I got up Saturday morning feeling only a small bit better. I just lounged around the house, until time for kennel duty. Luckily, I was only scheduled to work for a couple of hours. I managed to get through it, and once again, crawled my way back into bed. I didn't have to work at all on Sunday. Casey made us a great breakfast, and I was finallly feeling a bit better. We headed for the dog show on Sunday afternoon. It wasn't nearly as big as last year, and it didn't have nearly as many vendors. I made my rounds of the ones that were there to hopefully get some commitments for Celebration Pet Day. It only took us about an hour and a half to do the whole show. By that time, I was feeling VERY tired and worn out, so we came on home. Monday, I did my usual day at the kennel. I should have known I was pushing myself too hard, but I thought that I felt fabulous. Anyhow, after work on Monday, we had a humane meeting to see what progress we'd all made on Celebration Pet Day. It seems to be coming together very nicely. The poster contest is just about ready to be announced, I'm getting more vendors everyday, the contests and times are organized, the food for our booth is just about taken care of, and we've just about gotten our special programs all worked out. I may have a nervous breakdown before it's all over, but it seems like it's going to be a pretty fun day. We finally made it back home for dinner and to relax. I woke up yesterday morning feeling crummy again, so I took the day off to try and regroup. I'm finally feeling a lot better today. Hopefully, I'll feel fit by the end of the week. I gotta run and catch up on a bunch of stuff. I'm still planning on posting some of the Atlanta pictures this week. I've posted a little kitty bit for you all below. Enjoy!!

Cat Survives 10-Mile Trip on Top of Car

Mar 4, 7:29 AM (ET)

INKOM, Idaho (AP) - Torri Hutchinson's cat might just have one less life to live. Hutchison was driving along Interstate 15 one day recently when a motorist kept trying to get her attention and pointing to the roof of her car.

She said she was wary of the man, but wondered if perhaps her ski rack might have come loose.

She pulled over to the side, but kept her doors locked and the motor running.

The man pulled up behind her. Hutchinson rolled down her window to hear the man frantically shouting, "Your cat! Your cat!"

He reached for the roof of her car and handed the shocked Hutchinson her orange tabby.

She had driven about 10 miles with the cat on top of the car, and didn't even notice the feline when she stopped for gas.

Hutchinson said Cuddle Bug, or C.B. for short, had climbed into the back of her car as she was getting ready to leave. She put him out, but he must have jumped on the roof while she wasn't looking, she said.

No comments: