Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Soliciting for the Animals

I can't believe that I almost let today slip by without posting!! I've been busy with a lot of work stuff today. I've also spent some time contacting pet business people about vending at Celebration Pet Day. I've got 3 vendors committed, and one that says if their schedule conflicts they will send the booth fee anyway!! YAHOO!! There's a big dog show this weekend, so I've made information packets complete with forms and maps to hand out. Hopefully, I'll come home with a lot of committed vendors on the list.

I'm also scheduled to work quite a bit at the kennel over the long weekend. We are on spring break at campus, so work is shut down from Friday until Sunday. Jennie is going out of town, so I'll be doing feedings for her on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. I'll be doing my usual work day for her on Monday too. It was so crazy busy last Monday. I ended up doing 7 baths in addition to morning and afternoon feedings. WHEW!!! I can't help but just love it!! It seems that my Monday's help to get me through the rest of the week.

Casey talked to his cousin Andrew last night. He's doing o.k., considering what he's been through the past week. We found out that Lupe's funeral is going to be on Friday, so Andrew is leaving out for New Mexico on Thursday and will be back on Saturday. When he gets back, we are hoping to get down there to see him for a bit. It will be good when his routine can get back to somewhat normal. I know that everyone's different, but that's usually when I can begin to come to terms with things. I sure have thought about him an anwful lot this week. I hope things will turn out for him in the end.

Well, I gotta run. I'll make a longer post tomorrow. Everyone have a good evening!

No comments: